Is Ikea meatball one of the must ” EAT” in your list once MCO is over? For me, it’s definitely a YES ! I miss Ikea meatballs and curry puff…
Since its stores are closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Swedish furniture maker decided to give the world just what it needed — the Swedish meatball recipe to make at home.
“We know that some people might be missing our meatballs, which is why we’ve released an at-home alternative which, using easily accessible ingredients, will help those looking for some inspiration in the kitchen,” said Lorena Lourido, country food manager at Ikea, in a press release.
So, now we can DIY our own Ikea meatballs at home with the easy step-by-step guide..
Let’s check out the step-by-step guide ( Serves 4) :
– 500g (1.1lbs) ground beef
– 250g (slightly more than ½lb) ground pork
– 1 onion finely chopped
– 1 clove of garlic (crushed or minced)
– 100g (3.5oz) breadcrumbs
– 1 egg
– 5 tablespoons of whole milk
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine beef and pork mince and mix thoroughly to break up any lumps. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, and egg, and mix. Add milk and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Shape mixture into small, round balls. Place on a clean plate, cover, and store in the fridge for two hours (to help them hold their shape while cooking).
3. In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. When hot, gently add your meatballs and brown on all sides.
4. When browned, add to an ovenproof dish and cover. Place in a hot oven, 350ºF or 180ºC, and cook for a further 30 minutes.
For Iconic Swedish Cream Sauce
– Dash of oil
– 40g (1.4oz) butter
– 40g (1.4oz) plain flour
– 150ml (5fl oz) vegetable stock
– 150ml (5fl oz) beef stock
– 150ml (5fl oz) thick double cream
– 2 teaspoons soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Whisk in the plain flour and continue cooking, stirring continuously for two minutes.
2. Add the vegetable stock and beef stock and continue to stir. Add the thick double cream, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard.
3. Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken. Continue to stir.
4. When ready to eat, serve with your favourite potatoes – either creamy mash or mini new boiled potatoes.
“Staying at home can be hard, but we want to help make everyone’s lives that little bit easier and more enjoyable. Bon appétit or, smaklig måltid, as we say in Sweden!
Ikea is so thoughtful! I can’t wait try out the recipe.. what about you?
Source : CNN