in ,

1 Woman Dies From Food Poisoning After Consuming ” Puding Buih”

A 25-year-old woman in Terengganu recently passed away from food poisoning due to a viral dessert called “puding buih”.

Credit : NST

The deceased was receiving treatment at Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital (HSNZ). She was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) on May 24 and was pronounced dead at 10.40am on 3 June.

“The death was caused by septicaemia shock and multi-organ failure,” Terengganu Health director Dr Nor Azimi Yunus said.

The ‘puding buih’ trader had allegedly used eggs that were over two weeks past the expiry date when making the delicacy.

Photos credit to freemalaysiatoday | facebook | thesundaily

Most of the victims have been admitted to public and private hospitals after experiencing symptoms such as diarrhoea, vomiting, and fever.

“Other victims warded at the same hospital and at private hospitals have recovered and discharged in stages,” he said when met at the hospital.

Offering condolences to the deceased’s family, Dr Alias said the state Health Department was in the midst of investigating the case and would take action against those responsible in selling the bad pudding.

Credit: NST

It was reported the state health authorities had recorded 99 food poisoning cases believed to be caused by eating the local dessert.

It involved 20 families with 77 victims from Kuala Terengganu and 22 from Marang.

Source : NST