in ,

A family Lands in Hospital After Eats “Ganja” As a Vegetable

In a bizarre case, six members of a family in Uttar Pradesh, India landed in a hospital after consuming a dish with “Ganja” (marijuana) because they were led to believe it was methi or fenugreek.

Credit : China Press

After they all complained of dizziness and feeling sick, they were admitted to a local hospital for treatment. The report has since been widely circulated on social media and has received many comments.

According to The Indian Express, one Naval Kishore gave a packet of dried Ganja to Nitesh, a fellow resident of the Miyaganj village, and told him it was fenugreek. Nitesh came home with them and it was cooked with potato to make what the family thought was aloo-methi.

Credit : archanaskitchen

However, after eating it they complained of dizziness and asked neighbours to call a doctor and some of them even lost consciousness. The police were alerted and the family was taken to a hospital, reported by China Press.

Excessive consumption of ganja can cause an elevated heart rate which puts older people at risk of a heart attack. It can also cause anxiety and extreme psychotic reactions.

The police realised what had happened after they found the ganja and the dish that the family had consumed in their house.The man who sold the leaves was detained and has reportedly said that he did it as a prank.