in ,

LATEST: If Fail to Undergo the Second Covid-19 Test, You Might Get Arrested or Summoned!

Photo Credit to New Straits Times | The Seattle Times | The Asahi Shimbun

The long awaited media conference for Malaysians regarding the cross-border restrictions following the spike of Covid-19 cases is finally here.

Credit: Malay Mail

Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, Senior Minister for Security and Minister of Defence, announced that those who have not undergo their second Covid-19 test will be arrested and summoned at the court starting today.

Starting from Jul 24 , there will be mandatory quarantine for those who are coming back abroad and foreigners for 14 days at respective quarantine centers approved by the government. Foreigners have to bear the compulsory quarantine cost including the cost of Covid-19 test by themselves.

For Malaysians, although they have to bear their costs for quarantine but they have to only pay 44% of the quarantine cost and the remaining 56% will be paid by the government.

Credit: RTM

Those who are under quarantine have to follow the SOPs such as staying at home only because they are totally restricted from going out, should always wear their wrist band or pink tag and have to do compulsory test on the 13th day of quarantine after the primary test is performed either in a private clinic or government hospital.

Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob warned that Ministry of Health of Malaysia officers and police might do spot checks anytime.

Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob also said that the government would arrest individuals who did not undergo the Covid-19 test for the second time starting today, Jul 27.

Credit: The Star

“The Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) will take stern action and from today PDRM will arrest and prosecute in court 2897 individuals who haven’t yet appeared for the second Covid-19 test,” he said.

According to him, majority turned up for the second Covid-19 test since Saturday and yesterday. However, minority did not turned up.

Credit: New Straits Times

Also, he made it clear that there won’t be cross-border restrictions but you have to obey the SOPs fixed by the government.

Credit: RTM

Let’s follow the SOPs that has been fixed by the government to break the chain for Covid-19!

Info via: RTM