A 38-year-old man, named Phan Van Tam from the southern Tay Ninh Province, Vietnam was rushed to hospital after a 3-meter king cobra bit him and coiled itself around his arm.
Oh no! It’s King cobra, the world’s longest venomous snake, delivers enough poison in a single bite to kill an elephant.
According to VN Express, on Aug 19 ( Wed) morning he decided to go his farm to check out when his son told him he saw a giant snake there. He attempted to catch the snake but ended up being bitten on the leg. He was able to grab the snake’s head.
T. remained conscious and held on tight to the snake’s head, while the animal was wrapping itself around his arm.
Family members tied his thigh with elastic bands to prevent the venom from spreading and rushed him to a hospital in Tay Ninh.
Tam remained conscious and held on tight to the snake’s head, while the animal was wrapping itself around his arm.
A doctor said: “The patient was able to communicate when admitted to the hospital. We were able to remove and killed the snake before treating him.”
30 minutes later Tam turned pale and experienced shortness of breath. Doctors put him on a ventilator and shifting him to intensive care unit ( ICU), reported by Tuoitre News.
Dr Lieu Chi Hung, director of the Tay Ninh General Hospital, said he has treated many snakebite victims but never one with a living snake attached to them.
The hospital spoke person then told media on Thursday that Tam has been in stable condition. He was awake, able to move his arms and legs and no longer needs ventilation support.
However, it would take another 24-48 hours for the doctor to determine whether he suffered acute myocarditis. He was consider lucky because he was promptly treated.