Starting from September 1, Air Asia will charge a fee for a counter check-in. The fee is charged on a per guest and per check-in basis. It can be paid by cash or credit card at the airport, or pre-booked online using the “My Booking” feature on the airasia.com website and mobile app.
This is because Air Asia is trying to encourage people to check-in by using their contactless kiosk, website, or mobile app.
However, the counter check-in fees will be waived for the following guests and situations
- Guests with reduced mobility
- Guests travelling with an infant (under 24 months of age)
- Young guests traveling alone (YPTA)
- Guests affected due to schedule changes and flight cancellations
- No airport check-in kiosks are available or all check-in kiosks are unserviceable
- Guests who are unable to complete web, mobile or kiosk check-in due to a system error*
- Guests who purchase a seat upgrade or other additional paid services at the check-in counter.
- BIG Platinum and BIG Black Members
- Premium Flex and Flatbed guests
- Red Carpet guests
- Guests on travel warrant and government bookings
- Sky Marshals on duty
* System error – Guests who encountered a ‘system error’ while checking-in
via the web, mobile or airport kiosk will receive a notification requesting
them to proceed to the check-in counter.
Infant guests (0-24 months of age) are exempt from the counter check-in fee as they do not occupy a seat by themselves.
If a flight is delayed beyond three hours or cancelled, guests are entitled to a full refund of the counter check-in fee or you will be placed on the next available flight.
For more information, you can 【Click Here】
Hopefully, all of you are notified regarding this matter before flying!